Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Deep in Thought

I put blogging on hold for a short while, just not much to write about I guess.

I'm putting more thought in to making New Brunswick a permanent idea (well, for as long as Bryan is with his team). The whole time we have lived here I have sat back and tried to coast through month by month waiting until we decide to move back to Alberta, but I am starting to realize how awful of an idea that is. Roger told me how he hates it when people wait to start their lives without realizing that they have already begun. I have a habit of doing exactly that, and I think it stresses me out. My parents being so far away stresses me out too. Mom laid a guilt trip about never being able to see her grandkids when Bryan and I start a family, which convinced me that we would spend 2 years max in NB, then move closer. Being in school it just made sense to put my stuff on hold, focus on my program and figure things out later. Really though, what's wrong with raising a family here? We could travel during holidays to see my parents and use Skype, hopefully I would find a job that didn't make me want to jump off of a bridge. It shouldn't matter where we start our family, as long as we have stability... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment