Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Exploring some ideas

I keep forgetting how great yoga makes me feel. I'm going to have to start using it as a motivator to get out of bed and do something during the day. My routines now consist of working, sleeping in, getting up with the dogs, watching tv in bed (the bedroom is the only warm room in our house), making something to eat, cuddling with Byran before work, get ready for work, go to work. My days off are the exact same, except no sleeping in. It's kind of pitiful. I don't even have a desire to eat these days, which is very unlike me.
Today was different. I decided that I was going to clean up the house a bit and ended up dragging out the yoga mat. I did the beginner/intermediate work-out and felt amazing afterward. I had so much energy! I don't know why today was different, I usually try to get at least one yoga session in per week. I have really been in a funk lately though, so maybe it was enough to pull me out for a while. I need to start doing some serious work on my core. My back pain is to the point where it is chronic, and I fear that if I don't do something about it soon it will only get worse. Yoga is the perfect solution, so I'm going to do 3 sessions a week and work up to doing it every day (hopefully).

I have also been trying to think of ideas for me Etsy shop. I have nothing in it right now. I was thinking about selling hand-designed baby clothes, but I'll need to do some serious planning if that is what I end up doing. I have also researched how to make homemade soap. I bought some of the supplies online, but the process is a little scary! You have to use lye, which is toxic and corrosive. You have to heat and mix everything together, using thermometers and gloves, then pour everything in to a mold and let it sit for 3 weeks! I never knew it would be so freaking difficult! It seems like one of those procedures that you get the hang of and can just do it without even thinking after your first few times. We'll see how that goes. Bryan doesn't have much faith, but I think as long as I'm gloved and the animals are out of harms way things will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment