Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ideas

There have been a couple of changes lately. My crocheting/knitting has been tossed aside and replaced with the idea of studying for midterms. I say "idea" because I really haven't been doing much studying either. I have been completely engulfed in the world of pregnancy. Bryan and I decided that we were going to stop not trying for a baby a few months ago. My cycles were all messed up because of the Depo shot (which I will never even consider using again) but I think I am finally on a regular schedule now.

We haven't been actively trying until the past two months. I have been charting my basal body temp to help with the timing of everything... but neither of us have told anyone (as far as I know...). I'm not sure why. We aren't married quite yet and if thirteen years of Catholic school taught me anything, it's that there is nothing worse than having a child out of wedlock. I am not Catholic, nor do I actively practice any form of religion, but for some reason it still has a slight impact on my thought process. I want kids, I don't care if we have them now or after we're married, but I guess I don't want either side of the family to think it's the wrong decision. I also don't want any pressure, which is definitely a factor in why I haven't told anyone. At this point, with my health history being what it is, if I get pregnant then great. If not, it isn't unexpected. I don't need the added pressure of everyone expecting something that may not be achievable. Time will tell I guess. I have been following Lucy Eades' youtube Vlogs which hasn't helped with the fact that I can't concentrate on anything that isn't baby related. Oh well, if it is meant to be then it will happen, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment