Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Candy Rant and my Wednesday Plan

I'm trying to cut back on the sugar in my diet due to my last visit to the dentist, which warranted a lecture from my dentist and some concerned advice from the tech about my teeth and the state that they're in. I have had 13 cavities filled in the past year. In my defense, I had managed to avoid that chair for the previous 6 years, which I'm sure didn't help. Regardless, after my last 2 were filled, the dentist told me the direct cause of the cavities was sugar. Now, I have always been a big sugar fan but I honestly didn't think that I ate enough to literally rot the teeth out of my head. She told me to cut back on it, plain and simple. I talked with the assistant, who informed me that some people are just more susceptible to tooth decay than others, and that I need to step up my flossing if I want to stay ahead of it.

Needless to say, I'm hating this sugar crisis. It has always been a slight addiction of mine. I drink it in my coffee, I snack on it, I bake with it, I cook with it, and there is sugar in almost everything!! Everything good anyway... bleh.

Oh well, I don't have much of a choice if I want to avoid having dentures before I'm 30.

TTC Update: I'm 13 DPO (since I'm writing this at 5:14am...) and so far have had nothing but BFN's and major cramping, with a couple throbbing headaches to round things out. AF should grace me with her presence today. Oh well, I'm having a stress free Wednesday just to spite it all!! I'm going to make homemade chicken soup, homemade vanilla and lavender scented soap, do a little reading, maybe make some jewelry, play with my dogs, and go out on a date with the love of my life! Sounds pretty darn perfect to me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment