Friday, November 12, 2010

Hobbies

I need a hobby. I really don't have anything that I do for me (other than eat candy in copious amounts and watch Grey's Anatomy every week). I have been thinking about doing something like knitting or crocheting. Something that can start out east and get more advanced with experience, leaves room for individual creativity, and has a final product. I like to draw, but I find myself becoming frustrated when a sketch doesn't turn out the way I wanted it to. I don't play video games because they stress me out way too much, I haven't been able to read a full book from start to finish in a LONG time, and I have developed a distaste for exercise in any form. I have a yoga video that I bought 2 years ago and haven't even bothered to open it yet. The funny thing is that I really love doing it, yet still can't find an iota of desire to pop that DVD in and let the endorphins fly. I can't achieve the stress-free relaxed state I want with two whining dogs on the other side of the door.

It's actually a little frustrating....

I do bake occasionally. I guess that would be considered a hobby. The downfall of that is when you have 3 dozen cookies and a counter top full of freshly baked banana muffins, it all has to be eaten...

No comments:

Post a Comment